Do our bit for India
March 11, 2013 Leave a comment
- Do something: Most of us don’t do anything. Do something, anything. Don’t settle for an average life – a monotonous life. Everyday, keep thinking of doing something more. Write a blog, travel a bit, spend some money and enjoy your life. Bottomline is to do something worthwhile for others or invest in yourself. Investing in yourself will come back to the country as a resource that we have.
- Get your Children educated: Let our children be (and all male children that you have an influence over) to respect women.
- Vote – How many of us have vote? We are like – “What difference it will make?”. But it does and that’s the only thing that does.
- Read the newspaper: To be frank, I don’t. But we need to. (I’m trying to change). Read about what’s happening around in our country. Have opinions about the happenings. Talk about those problems in your friend groups. I have heard that earlier campuses talked a lot on the recent happenings. But these days, we talk only about cricket and football matches.
- Stop waiting for the change: No, the change wont happen. None (yes, not even government) is going to change the country the way you like it to be. So start being/bringing the change you always wanted to see.
- Engage in Politics: Not the cheap one within an organization, but the larger politics which is driving the country. The only way to get the corruption and no-work attitude to change is to change the brains and hands working. We need the young generation to step up, climb the steps and start driving.
- Don’t pay bribes: Difficult, Yes. I agree. But try your best not to give it. Atleast for making your life a bit easier, to save 5 minutes or to get a priority – don’t give a bribe. If it is a vow that you wont Pay a Bribe, Nothing like that. J
- Save Power: It doesn’t take so long to switch off those lights, fans, ACs, computers. Lets do it. There are far too many still waiting in our country to see the light from a bulb.
- Control your road rage: Our country suffers a lot of fatalities from Road Accidents. Let’s stop racing, Lets stop showing aggressions and most importantly – avoid drink & drive.
- Let our kids be free of shackles. Let them choose their lives careers and life partners. Lets respect their dreams and aspirations.
- Stop the quarrels on religion and caste.
- Teach the less privileged. Take some step to impart education to the less privileged. You can sponsor them, you can join an NGO and contribute.
- Keep our roads clean, dispose your garbage properly, stop spitting on the roads.
- Don’t do things because the bulk does it: Everyone does it – doesn’t mean it is right. Be true to your conscience. Do only those, which you feel and find true.
The list is never ending. But I leave the rest to you. You are welcome to share your points